Thursday, May 7, 2009

My Roots...

My roots once intertwined with another...
Growing ever intricately, delicately wrapped in eachother
Whatever you were looking for, you would not have to search far to find
Because my roots were your roots, and your roots were mine
My roots seemed to be taken from apart of you
My roots willing to follow wherever you lead me to
Words you never even spoke, only I could hear it
My roots and your roots, destined to bear the fruit of the spirit
My roots gave you the feeling that there was no one greater
Growing together, our union was pleasing in the sight of our Creator
My roots merged with your roots making every movement rhyme
You and I together - were a perfect design
But now your roots have started to twist and turn
For yesterday and good times my roots have begun to yearn
The soil we felt was so rich, no longer satisfies
Your roots all the while continue to become harder to gratify
You've forgotten that my roots come from good earth
My once beautiful form has all the sudden lost its worth
You've changed slowly with the progression of time
Your roots have become increasingly difficult to recognize
My roots are still growing towards heaven as i am strengthened
Being renourished and washed anew as I am lengthened
I will no longer depend on you - my happiness Ive learned to supply
Because my roots have been remolded - beautiful in the Master's eyes
My roots were once interwined with another
Growing ever intricately, wrapped in eachother
And though we were once rooted together, it is now time to say goodbye
Because my roots are no longer quenched by yours, the life of us has gone dry...
March 2005 (c) SRH

No comments: